Rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ My Forever Dog










 The dog l held in my arms since a baby, since she was born from my previous dog Misty in 2009, was named Reba Rainbow but l called her Rainbow for short. She is in my heart and will be there forever…I had to say goodbye but l ended up saying goodnight on December 15, 2021 any 5:35 pm. or so. 

I never knew if she was suffering but she had a huge tumour inside her that the vets at the hospital said they couldn’t get out in the end after they tried surgery. The hardest thing l had to in my life was let them euthanize my dog because l couldn’t bare to see her suffer any longer. She had stopped eating was getting intravenous along with other sedatives through her veins. Although she was drowsy, she could still hear me talk to her in her last hour and we reminisced about the good times she and l had in her life which was way too short for both of us, even though 12 years is normal for a dog.

I do have many regrets, like not having her get an X-ray sooner in life which may have helped in having a successful surgery. I also regret running out of the room after she passed away and not holding her in my arms. I was not thinking rationally at the time. The staff kept bothering about paying for this and that at the vet hospital. I was encouraged to go with aquamation; however, l would have preferred a burial of her body in a cemetery for dogs with a ceremony and a stone. That way, l could honour her in the way l wanted to, which would have helped me a lot in getting closure.

It has been a little over 5 months now and l still have a hard time, grieving. She was always there for me. By my side. Loyal, living, caring, as l am for her. People will ask me when l will get another dog but l am not ready since l know my dog Rainbow is my soulmate and that our bond was so strong it’s hard to think of taking another one into the home l have thought of as Rainbow’s for so long. All l know is that l will feel it if and when l am ready to go on a new journey. For now l love reminiscing about Reba Rainbow. Our love will last forever…


Popular Posts